There are plenty of options to choose from to help aid in your recovery from a tooth extraction. Most importantly, know your body’s limits, and never try to push through the pain or try to be brave and ignore it. No matter how long the recovery time is, it’s always important to follow these important safety instructions:
– To avoid choking, wait until the anesthetic wears off before eating.
– Follow your dentist’s advice and instructions.
– If necessary, take any pain medications or antibiotics prescribed by your dentist, exactly as instructed.
– Rest heavily, and try to avoid exercise
– Stop smoking, or give it up at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– If swelling occurs, apply ice packs.
– Follow the strict diet as given by your dentist.
Follow these steps, and you will be on the road to recovery.
Consult your dentist if you experience:
– An increase in swelling
– Heavy pain that lasts three to four days post-surgery
– An ongoing fever that won’t go away
– Ongoing bleeding that won’t stop
If you are in need of a tooth extraction, or are interested in first class service for all your dental needs, please call Moore Dental Services at (859) 525-0507 to talk to a member of our team. Call us today, or stop by our office in Florence, Kentucky, and we will help you in any way we can.